The Bernina B 540 is waiting to be discovered by sewing creatives, everywhere. So buy one as a treat and a reward to yourself. You feel the ambition to grow your sewing world, but your present machine lets you down. Holds you back and stymies all those plans. You’ve considered other makes but, you know you want a Bernina. You always have.
The Bernina B 540 offers you a wide scope. It is not one of the mighty Seven Series models. So it is somewhat more manageable and less daunting a prospect. As your confidence grows, so will your skills, and this Bernina will stay with you all the way.
Perfect tension for perfect stitches
- Precise & powerful sewing
- Just sew without any worries
- Achieve beautiful stitch results
Thanks to the Adaptive Thread Tension you get optimal thread tension for perfect stitch quality on both sides of the fabric.
More space for creative freedom
- Realize big projects with ease
- Enough space for your creations
- Embroidery module optional
The extended freearm offers 8.5″ right of the needle. Therefore you will enjoy a grand sewing area for grand ideas.
Get the right pressure every time
- Sew any material with ease
- Increase pressure for thin materials
- Reduce pressure for thick materials
Ensures that the ideal pressure is always used for the selected stitch. The basic setting can be individually adjusted.
Ask your on-screen support
- Modern colorful touch screen
- Easy to use with simple navigation
- On-screen support when needed
The Sewing Consultant helps you to find the right settings. Adjust suggested alterations quickly with the multifunction-knobs.
Sew quieter, faster, longer, better
- Sew perfect stitches with 9 mm stitch width
- Jumbo bobbin to sew longer
- Frontload the bobbin with new thread
The BERNINA Hook keeps the stitches consistent and precise with a maximum speed of 1,000 stitches per minute.
Automatic features save time
- No manual thread cutting
- Press a button to cut your thread
- Save time for your creativity
Thanks to the automatic thread cutter your threads are cut automatically and the needle will be lifted afterwards.