The Bernina S 480 is a perfect choice for the professional dressmaker and fashion designer. It offers a comprehensive range of stitches and features all designed to help you create. It is the perfect choice for anyone who wants some scope from their new machine. Why replace an old machine with something newer, but very similar in what it offers. A machine with more stitches and features will often encourage you to grow. You can then develop more skills – and more enjoyment from your sewing.
Time Saving Automatic Features
- Automatic thread cutter – press a button
- Needle threader
- Press a button and the Bernina 480 cuts the threads and the needle lifts, leaving your hands free.
- More room for larger projects
- Sewtable included
- The extended freearm offers 7 inches right of the needle and allows plenty of room.
Adjustable Foot Pressure
- Thinner fabrics – you can increase the pressure.
- Thicker fabrics – you can reduce the pressure.
- The basic settings can be individually adjusted to suit the fabric you are sewing.
Easy to Navigate Touch-Screen
- Modern colour touch-screen
- Easy to use and simple to operate
- On-screen support
- The on-screen, there-when-you-need-it, Sewing Consultant helps you find the right settings.
- Knee Lifter
- The Bernina 480 Free Hand System lets you lift or lower the presser foot using only the knee lifter.
- Sew perfect stitches with 9mm width
- Jumbo bobbin for fewer stops
- Front-loading bobbin
- The Bernina 480 Hook keeps the stitches consistent and precise, and fast too, sewing at a maximum speed of 900 stitches per minute.
Colour touch screen
BSR Enabled – Optional BSR Foot Required
Maximum stitch width 9mm
11 needle positions
BERNINA foot control with back-kick function
Create and save stitch combinations
Adjustable presser foot pressure
Start/stop button (stitching without foot control)
Pattern start/end function
Automatic securing function
Pattern repeat (up to 9)
Free Hand System (FHS) Optional Knee Lifter Required
994 stitch patterns (incl. alphabet)
29 Utility stitches
11 Buttonholes (incl. eyelet)
Automatic buttonhole length measuring system
Manual multi-step buttonhole
Button sew-on program
2 Darning programs
250 Decorative stitches
27 Quilting stitches
21 Cross-stitch programs
5 Sewing alphabets
What's in the box
Reverse pattern foot #1
Buttonhole foot with slide #3
Zipper foot #4
3 bobbins (1 in bobbin case)
Selection of needles
Height compensating tool
1 foam pad
3 spool discs
Alan and Steve offer free delivery with your new machine.
Under normal circumstances delivery takes 1 – 2 days – excluding weekends.
Your machine will be delivered to your home via one of the main couriers.
Alternatively you can choose to collect your machine from our shop at a time that suits you.
Please just let us know and we’ll be happy to help you.
We only deliver machines to the UK Mainland.
Although we post parts & accessories worldwide, we do not ship machines outside the UK.
We are Bernina Main Agents.
Our guarantee covers your Bernina for seven years and includes parts and labour, but not transport. It may be an idea to retain the box and internal packaging – if you have space. In the unlikely event that you experience any problems with your machine, please phone us as ‘faults’ can often be rectified over the phone.
Please refer to the Bernina Guarantee Card for further information.